Thursday, December 17, 2009

Excited to be Blogging for the First Time!

Hello and Happy Holidays!

I am a newbie to blogging so please bare with me. Over the past few months I have been wondering how I can share my passion with others in a helpful manner globally. Well, the answer finally came to me...by blogging.

What's my passion...assisting others with their real estate needs. I enjoy providing buyers and sellers with the answers they need to assist them in making the decisions that are right for them and their families.

With my first post I would like to share with you a survey conducted by Coldwell Banker.

As you all may know by now, the first-time home buyer tax credit has been extended through April 30, 2010 and along with that extension a $6,500 tax credit will be offered to current home owners wanting to purchase a new property. Coldwell Banker surveyed 1,000 homeowners in an effort to determine how these tax credits might impact the economy. Based on the survey results 83% responded that the tax credit would assist in paying off debts (34%), home improvements (29%) and savings (28%).

Coldwell Banker's survey also found that 20% of homeowners are more likely to consider purchasing a home today than they were six months ago. This as a result of the $6,500 tax credit.

Recently, the National Association of Realtors reported that 47% of the 2009 home sales were to first-time home buyers. I am sure you will all agree that the additional tax credit to current homeowners will help stimulate the economy.

1 comment:

  1. Great start, can't wait to read more! Interesting survey you shared, glad to see that most buyers will be paying off debts rather than adding to them.


    -jmdb

    ReplyDelete